At GROWTHMAP, strategic planning is a method of operation and a means to a successful end. Our intense and comprehensive process brings together the best minds in your organization or community to create a meaningful vision and a realistic plan to reach it. Our process begins with implementation in mind and is built on simplicity, which increases comprehension and makes consensus building possible.
Implementation is a series of clearly defined steps toward your vision. Implementation requires: schedules with deadlines and assignments of responsibilities; allocations of resources needed to enact steps; and means for maintaining good communication and accountability.
There is also need for review. Periodic reviews keep you on track and ready to maneuver around unexpected detours and complications. This is the process that a GROWTHMAP use in it’s planning: a method of operation that enables organizations to set and reach their goals.
The following are some of the specific plans that we create for your business or town/city:
Foreign Direct Investment
Looking for investment from around the world. GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS has proven success in identifying outbound investment from Asia, Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa, BRICS and setting face-to-face appointments with potential investors. Quality appointments are guaranteed!
GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS will, via telephone, set face-to-face meetings between with the decision maker(s) of the growing companies in your target industry sectors and geographies. As always, appointments are guaranteed.
Target Company Analysis & Profiling
Verify and validate your existing industry targets and match attributes and ingredients with desirable and feasible industry targets to identify development opportunities. Desirability and feasibility are based on compatibility factors, competitive advantages, and the current business environment and trends. Establish working definitions of your key industry sectors, as well as, identify, define, and articulate the characteristics of the target audience
Sales and employment growth matters. GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS will calculate individual growth performance with specific companies, tracking changes in employee and financial numbers to document each company’s “growth footprint”. These employment and financial datasets of will then be analyzed to develop a “high-impact” list
GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS has the focus, energy, and organizational savvy to build and maintain relationships on your behalf over time. Build your pipeline and ensure no opportunity is lost.
GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS will professionally represent your organization nurturing and prioritizing investment opportunity.
Assessing Local Economic needs and Opportunities
Any economic development project has to start by understanding the issues that it is aiming to address. This will usually involve a mixture of:
- Examine statistical evidence such as rates of economic growth, qualification levels, unemployment and sectoral composition.
- Carry out local surveys to gain understanding and input from local people and/or businesses.
- Examine best practice in similar projects or areas, using a range of techniques to find key messages that are most relevant to the project.
- Consult key stakeholders such as potential funders, experienced experts in relevant areas, local and national politicians, and where possible, end-users.
We can carry these steps out in an effective way, using established techniques, a wide network of contacts and a generous helping of good old common sense.
Having established a clear need to do something, be it a new project, a major programme with lots of projects, or a new policy approach, there is often still a long way to go before it can happen. There are usually four key elements to this, though the balance between them will depend on the nature of the project:
- Planning projects, programmes and policies/strategies involving defining objectives, deciding on delivery methods, identifying funding needs, designing governance arrangements and much more.
- Business planning to carefully identify likely costs and income generated, predicting usage or take up, detailed project appraisal and – again – much more.
- Securing funding whether it be from national pots such as national grants, local funding or corporate social responsibility funding programmes.
- Necessary approvals, which might include planning permission, environmental consents or political agreement.
We have a track record of negotiating each of these steps, and can help with any or all of them as needed.
Helping to deliver sustainable economic development
The proof of the pudding is in the eating: even the best designed projects can need help to deliver effectively. With a range of experiences across a decade, we can bring practical support, insight and additional capacity to ensure that projects and programmes deliver as intended. The types of areas we typically support include:
- Procurement: turning a general aspiration into a clear, tight specification for a service, which can be procured through competitive processes.
- Hand-on delivery: getting involved in delivering support to businesses or training to clients as required to make a project work.
- Management: identifying strengths and weaknesses in the performance of a project, and making practical, realistic proposals to improve deliver.
In the rare case that we can’t help, we will almost know someone who can.
A core part of our work centres on finding out what works in sustainable economic development, and sharing this knowledge with others to improve policy and practice. There are three main aspects to this work:
- Review, carrying out a system assessment of what is working, what can be improved, what stakeholders think of the project or programme, and making recommendations for approval.
- Evaluate, a more formal review at the end of a policy or pragramme, involving a rigorous assessment of the impact that a project, programme or policy has had, including assessment of ‘net additionality’ (a piece of jargon meaning the overall impact that would not have happened otherwise).
- Share, making sure that those who need to know about what works are fully informed, through workshops, presentations or written evidence as required.
There is no one-way to do economic and tourism development so each local economy, organisation or government will approach it differently.
The EDO Sustainability Rating™ offers your organisation the opportunity to be part of an elite network that is the “best of the best” in the profession.
In today’s competitive and challenging economic environment, it is vital to show that your organisation is at the top of the field.
Organisations that achieve the EDO Sustainability Rating™ status become part of a distinguished network in the economic development field. This level of professional excellence heightens the visibility of your organisation in the community and validates your commitment to higher achievement.
WHO ARCHIVES EDO SUSTAINABILITY?
- National, Provincial and Local Economic Development Departments
- National, Provincial and Local Development Agencies / Corporations
- Private Non-Profit Business Associations (Business Chambers)
- Utility Departments, State-Owned Entities (SOEs)
- Development Financial Institutions (DFIs)
EDO SUSTAINABILITY RATING™
The assessment recognizes the sustainability of EDOs and provides independent feedback on their operations, governance and structures. The GROWTHMAP INFONOMICS EDO Sustainability Rating™ Team assesses each EDO based on four thematic issues:
Successful EDO Sustainability Rating™ adds value to your organisation!
- Increases the credibility of your economic development efforts with elected leaders, investors, clients, and other stakeholders
- Provides mentoring and networking with experts in the field
- Gives your organisation the distinction of being an authority on economic development
- Promotes accountability to local leadership and key stakeholders
- Differentiates your economic development organisation from competitors
- Enhances awareness
BENEFIT & MAINTENANCE
Benefits of EDO Sustainability Rating™
- Exclusive use of the 12 months valid certificate
- A profile in GROWTHMAP INSIGHTS, GROWTHMAP’s quarterly newsletter
- Assistance with the media announcement of your EDO Sustainability Rating™ results
- A plaque to proudly display your organisation’s achievement
- Participation in the Annual Meeting of EDOs Sustainability Rating™ Awards